Friday, May 27, 2011

sunshine & jasmine

It's funny how the strangest things elicit grief as Dan & I make the agonizing decision to move or not to move.

After we got home from the hospital on Wednesday afternoon, I was sitting out on the porch swing, watching Mahalia water the plants & grass.  I was walking down memory lane.  Wasn't it just 3 1/2 years that we moved into this little house - with it's NASTY yard?  And less than a year ago, I got my grass!!!

It's been amazing to watch the transformation of our lives.  Not only do we have a really cute yard now, but we've got an amazing church (can you say MIRACLE?), really great friends, a fun dance community, an incredible doctor etc. etc. etc.!!! 

So yesterday, when I was smelling the beautiful Jasmine that surrounds us everywhere in SoCal, I was brought to tears.  

I love, love, LOVE the smell of Jasmine.  It's everywhere here.  And literally EVERY day in the spring I stop somewhere & smell it up close.

And the sunshine . . . oh the sunshine!  I never tire of you, sunshine.  Every day I'm happy to see you!!!

What will I do without my sweet jasmine & sunshine?

1 comment:

  1. Em,
    I really hear that. And that's the thing- we never really do know what we'll do without our special pleasures and things we appreciate. May your lawn be especially green and the jasmine especially fragrant for you this June.

    ReplyDelete