Thursday, July 8, 2010

928 days later

We moved into this house 928 days ago.  Since that day, I've been asking (about every 6 months) for the owner to fix up the front yard . . . cuz PLEASE, it was HIDEOUS!

And yesterday morning I awoke to find a man in our front yard installing sod!!!  Then, by 4pm, it looked like this . . . . .


Last night we ate dinner with friends outside in honor of our new grass.

This morning, Mahalia & I added a few touches of our own - some potted flowers & a bright red butterfly on a post (cuz every garden needs a butterfly on a post, right?!)

I love, love, LOVE my new yard!!!  It finally feels like home.

6 comments:

  1. Yeah for you! I'm tickled it finally got done and it looks so great. May you enjoy many fond times on your grass.

    ReplyDelete
  2. It would have taken 928 more days if you tried to get that by seeding! The lawn looks great. Congratulations.

    My garden does not have a butterfly. It has an owl (to keep out pests). Well, that is only half true. It was an owl. It is now only an owl head. Looking at it makes me feel like the person who put it there is sadistic.

    ReplyDelete
  3. The transformation is amazing. Can't wait to enjoy it with you!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hooray!!! Can't wait to enjoy it with you!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks friends! You are ALL officially invited to come & enjoy dinner on the lawn!!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a change. I love it. I am so happy for you all. Grass for your bare feet instead of mud!

    ReplyDelete