Monday, May 23, 2011

begging

For two days straight my child has been begging me for something to eat. A pretzel. Rice & beans. Spaghetti with cheese sprinkles. A donut. Coffee. A burrito. Even broccoli!

It has been AGONIZING to constantly tell her no. Especially when the tears flow. There is nothing I would love more than to give her any food she wants. And food & drink are the most basic of requests! Saying no to food for an entire week is one of the most difficult things I've ever had to do as a parent. But she cannot heal completely without the agony up front.

As I've been telling myself this story, God literally spoke this story back to me. He said that He's doing the same thing with me. What I'm asking for is good & He wants to give it to me .....and WILL give it to me......eventually.

It's ice chips & jello until then (whenever "then" is).

2 comments:

  1. That was profound, my friend. I'm going to be thinking about that one for a long time. Thank you!

    ReplyDelete