Tuesday, June 7, 2011

cracked up

In the midst of moving, there are so many things to do every day that I feel like my hair is on fire & I'm running as fast as I can to keep the fire out of my face.  

"Shatter" nail polish 
There are moving plans to make, goodbyes to say, interviews to complete, parties to throw, boxes to find, change of address forms to fill out, electricity to shut off, mail to forward etc.  

And then there is the larger task of trying to keep life as "normal" (whatever THAT is now) for our kiddo as possible.  

One of the things I do every week to help me feel normal - no matter the week - is to do my nails on Sundays after church.
  
This week I decided to try something new - the "shatter" polish from OPI.  I think it's a symbolic expression of how I feel - fragmented, but new - and cool.  Every time I look at them & crack up.  What am I?  Like 12 years old?  Yep - just trying to find something edgy to remind me of LA, while also reminding me of the newness & goodness of things to come.

2 comments:

  1. OOooo.... COOL!! I wanna play. How 'bout Thursday ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. That is really cool looking. Does it come in colors?

    ReplyDelete