Friday, May 6, 2011

how do i forget?

After 37 years of life, how is it possible that I forget the simplest of things.  Most recently, how do I forget that the crazier life gets, the more important the basics become . . . basics like exercise, eating right & sleep.

It's so simple!  And yet they're the first to go.  I've done it for almost 4 decades, and yet, during this past season, I've managed to stop working out & get really good rest.  Somehow I thought that if I just worked harder, longer & more that I'd get more done.  Well, I've managed to work harder & longer, but I'm not sure I've gotten any more done.  I know what I've had more of though: more stress, more frustration, more sleepless nights & more pounds around the middle.  Ugh!

So today I went to yoga class.  I walked out & thought to myself, "Ahhhhh!  This is what it feels like to feel good."  I'm gonna do my best to NOT get amnesia again!

Got this little gem from my kiddo today.  Thanks Mrs. Coscarelli :-)

1 comment:

  1. OMG! Is there a butterfly painted on there! MJ is just too cute. :) Love you guys!

    ReplyDelete