Tuesday, May 3, 2011

9 days of agony

After nine days of agony . . . not being able to eat a full meal, feeling constant nausea,  visiting the doc, countless phone calls to the doctor, having no energy whatsoever & being completely lack-luster . . . I've pondered a few things.  It has been a very instructional time for me.  Suffering demands space for reflection.  I'm not entirely sure what I've learned yet.

Much to my displeasure, more often than not, I found myself frustrated & disappointed.  I'm still processing that stuff.  I'm trying to figure out what's just life, what's just living within community, what's just illness, what's just being a grown up, what's just being parent, and what's just me.

Lots to think about & process.  In the meantime, since I finally got my butt up off the couch today, I went & got Mahalia some craft supplies.  She's been DYING to make crafts lately!  So here are the latest creations.

PS - My doctor's best guess is that it was e-coli food poisoning.

1 comment:

  1. Fantastic video! I love how they both had answers.
    And yikes- e coli- that has serious stuff potential, there. I'm so glad you found your way through.

    ReplyDelete