Thursday, February 3, 2011

thanks china!

Got some blood tests run last week that regular MD's won't run (because in Western medicine, there's no "cure" - so insurance doesn't want to know that you have it cuz they don't want to be responsible to help you fix it - ain't THAT a dandy one?!?!).  Oh - and I haven't had insurance for two years . . . so why do "they" even care???  Anyhoo . . .

Today I got an answer for why I've been so sick for SO long . . . autoimmune thyroiditis (aka: Hashimoto's disease).  In a nutshell, I've got some kind of severe internal infection (really high white blood cell count) that's causing my immune system to go out of whack - which in turn attacks my thyroid (hence the exhaustion, massive hair loss, cold extremities, etc.)

Though western medicine doesn't have a cure, my guy thinks he does.  I've started on a bunch of Chinese medicines that will hopefully help.  I'll keep you posted.  In the meantime, I'm thankful for folks in other countries who've done so much to help us westerners out!!!

2 comments:

  1. Oh, Em, I'm so pleased for you! Congratulations on finding an actually helpful doc and on getting an accurate diagnosis. My you find the source of your infection and its rapid treatment.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks be to God for HOPE! I'm praying that your body will respond quickly to treatment and that you will be fully well.

    ReplyDelete