Saturday, May 21, 2011

pretzel wishes

We are back in the hospital after 18 short hours at home. My sweet, sad kiddo hasn't kept liquid nor food down since Tuesday. So today all we can give her is ice chips. Not even a Popsicle or jello.

After a few agonizing hours where they couldn't find her veins, she didn't talk & just laid still in the bed, we finally got some nausea meds. Within a few minutes she felt like a walk, so walk we did! We toured the grounds, bumping her IV cart along the cobblestone courtyard. We made our way into the lobby in the adjacent building where there were fountains.

Mahalia wanted to know why all the coins were in there. I explained that people throw the coins in the fountain as they make a wish. She blurted out, "I wish for a pretzel, Mom!"

I wish that all I wanted was a pretzel . . . But my wishes are a little bigger. God bless her with a pretzel sometime this week!

2 comments:

  1. I'll put a penny in for a pretzel for Mahalia, too. I'm glad she can at least be thinking about food. Give her a big squeeze from us.

    ReplyDelete
  2. We're praying tons for that sweet girl and hoping that she'll get her pretzel soon!

    ReplyDelete