Tuesday, December 28, 2010

new city - part 2

In our years in SoCal, we've been very lame church attenders.  It's a long story . . .

3 weeks ago, Dan & I had a conversation that went something like this . . . 

Me: so, um, every week, I'd kinda rather stay & home and watch football than go to church.
Dan: yeah, me too.
Me: I'm not inclined to keep going if I'd rather watch football every week.
Dan: yeah, me too.
Me: So in the famous words of my Grandma Butch, let's either shit or get off the pot.
Dan: (laughs) . . . yeah, I think we need to try out some new places.
Me: Ok, how about we check out that one church Jude & John were telling us about.
Dan: sounds good.

Sunday we attended New City church for the 2nd time (that's a rare occurrence for us).  We were so inspired the first time, that we decided to check it out again.  And . . . it . . . didn't . . . disappoint.   This week, the worship was even more inspiring, the sermon was both encouraging & challenging (again), and we attended the newcomers lunch & got to meet some folks & ask some questions.  
 
The sermon yesterday was about success.  Kevin preached about success not being about the outcome, but about our desire & faithfulness in obedience to Christ & leaving the results in His hands.  I'm 100% on board with that!  Not signing the paperwork yet . . . but I'm pretty sure this might be "the one" . . . stay tuned. 

1 comment:

  1. Oh, yeah- that's really good news. May you be blessed with clear sight and deep self-awareness.

    ReplyDelete