Thursday, September 30, 2010

a new tune

Been going through some stuff & was talking to a wise friend.  I asked, "So what do I DO.  No, REALLY.  What do I do?"

She suggested starting with feeling whatever I was feeling - starting with anger (because not feeling it only leads to physical ailment - literally).  And then she said something profound.  She said, "I know you need to feel the anger, but anger won't bring healing.  So once you're done feeling the anger, I know gratitude is a healing emotion."

So simple - but HUGE.  It got me thinking.  And it got me in a different space - a space of gratitude.  So (in amongst my bouts of anger) I recognized a bunch of things I'm grateful for & started taking note.

And I got a new tune (literally - well, actually it's a really old one that I haven't listened to in awhile).  I highly recommend it: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0EbObTnmIoA

Happy listening to my new tune.

No comments:

Post a Comment