Tuesday, September 7, 2010

open hands

Due to scheduling changes, last week marked the end of some of the salsa classes that I teach.  I felt mixed emotions - glad to honor our family's current schedule & make sure priorities remain in tact . . . but sad to end something I enjoy so much.

One thing I've been pressing into, is having an open heart.  I've been working on not holding so tightly to things - being able to let go & receive more freely.  I've also been listening to God in a new way (more about that in another blog).  So I've been a little more "tuned in" lately . . . and heard God tell me to be patient & that new opportunities would come my way.  I was very clear that I was not to pursue things, but that they would just come to me.  Strange, I thought (at least my very hard-working, initiative-taking, German self said).

But within 7 days, three new opportunities have literally come to me.  No initiative on my part - just openness & availability.  Interesting, eh?  Not 100% sure that I'll take every opportunity that comes my way - but good to know that things can come & go more smoothly when I have open hands & an open heart.

2 comments:

  1. Emily, Your title is very well put. Having open hands can be very freeing.

    I've been thinking alot about Mother Theresa lately. She, and all those like her, have vowed to be poor materially. Yet their lives are generally so very rich. I think the two have a strong connection.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yeah for you! I'm so tickled both at the opportunities and the posture you've adopted.

    ReplyDelete