Sunday, January 16, 2011

today's hero: tomas!

I made a few bracelets with my friend, Angela, while I was visiting my family in Minnesota back in November.  I was instantly hooked.  Uncertain of what all I needed & where to get it the cheapest, I'd managed to keep myself from buying bead stuff . . . and lo-'n-behold I get a surprise start-up bead package from her for Christmas (yep!  She's the best!!!).

I've been attending the Pasadena Bead & Design Show all weekend . . . walking up & down aisle after aisle, eying millions of beads.  Yeah - random, I know.  Beading . . . who knew!!!???  But it's like my latest form of crack.  I'm officially addicted.

Yesterday I wandered, envisioned & bought a few things.  I have to admit, I don't really know what I'm doing.   At ALL!

Then this morning, as I was waiting for a seminar, I put together this bracelet.  However . . . I've never learned how to crimp them & make them all professional-like.  So my ONLY goal for today was to figure out how to get them so that they don't fall apart after a couple of wears. 

After the seminar (which wasn't particularly helpful), I walk into a booth looking for a crimp tool (don't even know what one looks like, but know I need one since the seminar instructor told me so).  I ask a couple of questions . . . and 2 minutes later, I'm sitting behind the booth getting a private, one-on-one lesson from Tomas!  He's the owner of A Bead Carnival. 

And he was . . . AWESOME!  I almost cried when we were done.  He was so kind, so patient & really thorough.  He gave me all kind of helpful hints to make sturdy, professional-grade bracelets. 
Then tonight, I came home & went to town!  Thanks to Tomas, here are my first solo creations.  I love them! 

If you're in the market for a bracelet, let me know . . . I just might be able to hook you up!  And it won't fall apart . . . thanks to Tomas!!!

2 comments:

  1. Hooray!
    You're early b-day card is going in the mail tmrw. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yeah for you and Tomas! Those bracelets look fabulous. Glad you found your good-fit fun.

    ReplyDelete