Wednesday, January 5, 2011

garden of ideas

I can't really even begin to describe the agonizing debate in my head lately . . .

I've had the privilege (dare I say the luxury?) of staying home the last 21 months.  It has been a precious time to invest in our little family of three.  I've done all of the things stay-at-home-moms do.  But I've also had the privilege of doing lots of things that most moms don't ever have the chance to do:
  • read lots of books
  • started volunteering in a new place
  • started my own business 
  • done massive amounts of personal reflection
  • danced 'til I couldn't dance anymore
  • started a new hobby (beading)
So do I want to go back to work this year & leave my little slice of heaven?  Nope.  Not. Even. A. Little.  Do we need me to go back to work?  Yes.  Absolutely.  No. Question. About. It.  Ugh . . . but where to even begin?  And when?  And how?  I've changed so much that I'm sure I won't go back to the same kind of work as before.

More importantly, will I be able to remain the kind of woman I want to be?  Centered.  Focused.  Kind.  Creative.  Energized.  Engaged.  Invested.  I hope so!

Dan & I just had an unforseen brainstorming session where we came up with the coolest idea.  A win-win-win for our little team of three.  It's crazy enough . . . that . . . it . . .  just . . . might . . . work!!!  There was such synergy between us that he called it a "garden of ideas." 

Stay tuned . . .

3 comments:

  1. Sounds exciting! Can't wait to see the plans unfold. Miss you, friend!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ooo, I'm just excited at the thought of it! Can't wait to see the plans roll out. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Glad to hear it, dear! May all the best doors open for you.

    ReplyDelete