Wednesday, January 26, 2011

compliment

Today we had conferences at Mahalia's school.  Yeah, I know, conferences for a 4 year old, right?! . . . but it was surprisingly helpful.  I REALLY like her teacher (& so does she).

After our 20 minutes, I was waiting in the hall, when another teacher (who I'd never met) came up to me & asked if I was Mahalia's Mom.  I said yes & she started gushing about how Mahalia is the happiest kid - how she bounds around, full of joy.  She was surprised at how she's jumped into school mid-year & done so well.

I think it just might've been the best thing anyone could say about my parenting . . . that I have a happy kid - abounding with joy.

1 comment:

  1. Yeah! Way to go, Em! That is great news about your parenting and a real confirmation about the good fit of your decision to have her go to school.

    ReplyDelete