Tuesday, December 7, 2010

first bloom

We moved into this house in December of 2007 & at the time it was only dirt & cement outside.  In my attempt to make the hideous look slightly less hideous, I got some pots & planted a few flowers.  

As with most things in life, when you try to "decorate" the hideous, it doesn't really work.  My poor plant never really "took."  But then when the owner got us some grass & a watering system, they repotted all of my plants into the soil.

I wasn't too sure what would happen - it didn't look like anything was happening for the last 6 months.  Until two days ago . . . here is the first bloom of the season - just opened up 2 days ago!!!  And there's about 30 other buds just waiting to open!

This bloom kind of reflects my life.  In seasons past, I've tried to "decorate" the ugly in my life (attitudes, dysfunctions, problems etc.) to no avail . . . same ugly . . . different year.  But over the last three years, I have uprooted the ugly & replanted my spirit into new soil.  

It's good to see my ugly turn into something beautiful.

2 comments:

  1. Hip-hip-hooray! Three cheers for Emily and for the first bloom! Hip-hip-hooray!

    ReplyDelete