Sunday, October 31, 2010

wisdom of 3 year olds

At times, I find myself frustrated when my kiddo can't keep the pace I want . . . errands, cleaning, visits with friends, getting work done etc.  

But this morning, it occurred to me that kids really know how to listen to themselves & their limits.  They know when they need to eat.  They know when they are sad.  They know when they are frustrated.  They know when they're done sharing.  And I know when she's just DONE period (aka: must get some sleep RIGHT NOW).

I think there's a lot to learn from them.  In some ways, life would be a whole lot more sane if we innately knew ourselves like kids do.

2 comments:

  1. Amen. I couldn't agree more. I'm still trying to reclaim my sense of self which Anjali and Mark simply have.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes, I knew about myself that I didn't want to eat vegetables. And who was sympathetic to my self-knowledge? Nada one.

    Mark's like me. I'm not as strict as Amy about the veggies. I like to think I've learned something about my experience.

    ReplyDelete