Tuesday, November 2, 2010

9 years tomorrow

Tomorrow will mark our 9th anniversary . . . and our 10th year in a relationship.  It's hard to believe that I've been in love with Dan for more than 1 out of every 4 days of my life!

I remember seeing Dan for the first time.  I remember his sense of humor, his ability to get a crowd rolling, and the fact that he smelled SO good.  And I remember our first encounter . . . he was engaging & REALLY interesting.  I remember our first visit . . . I've never seen a grown man shiver like that day (it was minus 35 degrees PLUS windchill!!!), but MAN was I glad to see him and be next to him.  

I remember the day I knew I wanted to marry him . . . it was only 2 weeks after we started talking (via phone card - in the early days of cell phones :-).  I remember the day he proposed . . . I said "yes" before he could get the whole question out of his mouth.

I have never loved anyone more than I love him.  And I have never been loved like he loves me.  

3 comments:

  1. Yeah! What a beautiful blog. Congratulations on your anniversary. I hope you have a day full of good memories and a year of blessing and richness.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congratulations to you both. Love is the best.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Happy Anniversary! You two are such a blessing to us!

    ReplyDelete