Tuesday, October 26, 2010

simple pleasures

This morning I was thinking about the things I enjoy most . . . the simple pleasures of life.  

Here are a few of mine . . . 
  • a cup of coffee (my new fav is Starbucks' salted carmel mocha) & conversation
  • a good pedicure (with a fun design!)
  • a dance - especially if it comes with a solid dip at the end
  • hearing my daughter's full-on belly laugh when something strikes her funny
  • a quiet dinner at home with Dan
  • a vigorous workout
  • watching the neighborhood kids play together in the street
  • reading a book
  • taking a nap
  • a picked-up house (including the bed being made)
  • a challenging thought, book, or blog - the kind that make me change
  • visiting family & friends (either going to them or them coming to us)
  • when my daughter asks to pray for someone

2 comments:

  1. So thankful for the times I'm able to share these with you! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Two things. First, this makes me think of the Appreciation chapter in the book The Soul of Adulthood. It's a read that always makes me take a deep breath and tear up.

    Second, this makes me think that I should write a list, too, because simple pleasures bring such joy.

    Thanks for posting.

    ReplyDelete