Monday, August 16, 2010

shades of beautiful

I love living in Los Angeles for many reasons.  One of my favorite reasons is that there is such variety . . . in activities, interests, music, fashion, culture & people. 
When we (Dan, Mahalia, I & two of her best friends) were sitting around the table eating chocolate chip pancakes for breakfast, I was struck by our collective shades of beautiful sitting around the table. 

Our skin tones ranged from mine (Scottish, English & German) to Mahalia's (Blaxicasian: Black, Mexican & Caucasian) to Dan's (Blaxican: African American & Mexican) to Zinash & Mihret (heart sisters adopted from Ethiopia). 

So when I noticed the richness around the table, I said to the girls, "Look at how beautiful each of you are.  What gorgeous skin you have!"  Aren't they fantastic?!

2 comments:

  1. I also love this about LA!

    BTW, our girls had such a great time with you all this weekend. The chocolate chip pancakes were a hit with the girls! And I love all the ways in which you affirm them. Thank you!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. So beautiful! It's so good for my heart.

    (PS. I love that I recognize your Mickey D's)

    ReplyDelete