Wednesday, August 4, 2010

just like the natives

It's been a real treat to have my folks in town.  When they told me they wanted to come for a visit, they said they wanted to experience our "real" life . . . not come as tourists.  So they've had the chance to see what we really do . . . have friends over, hang out on our new grass (he he :-), ride bikes in the alley, gymnastics, dancing etc.

On Monday, I decided to take them to my favorite shopping spot: the Fashion District.  I was so proud of them.  They took it in like true Angelinos. 

My Mom found two purses!

And we even ate hot dogs from the street vendors. 
Good job Mom & Dad - way to take it in LA style!  I'm glad you're here.

2 comments:

  1. I want that flower purse! Hooray!! I'm so glad you're having fun.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the real life vs tourist thing. That's a better way to get into the real place and people. And leave it to mom to find a fancy mega purse. Know the ax and kitchen sink will fit. ;)

    ReplyDelete