Thursday, August 12, 2010

proud to be hers

My folks were in town last week & had the chance to come see me dance.  One of my salsa friends said, "Wow!  Your Mom is really beautiful.  You two look so much alike."  It got me thinking about the ways we are alike . . .

Here are a few things I think my Mom passed on to me that I love:
  • genuine love & concern for people
  • generosity of heart & resources
  • kindness
  • love for children & wanting to influence them in positive ways
  • desire to learn & grow
  • tenacity & inner strength
I'm proud to be hers!

2 comments:

  1. I only had the opportunity to spend a few minutes with your mom but was so impressed with her kindness, grace, and wisdom -- just as I have always been with yours. :) I'm so glad I got the chance to meet her!

    ReplyDelete