Monday, June 14, 2010

soooo not worth it

On Friday morning, I got ambitious. Earlier in the week, I had bought some beads for Mahalia's hair & decided that Friday was the day to try them out.

As usual, we washed her hair & combed it out . . . so far, so good. Then I popped in Toy Story (her new favorite movie, with what she calls "Bugs Life Year" instead of Buzz Lightyear :-) and started to part out the hair. I got everything sectioned off & mostly braided. But then it was time for yoga, so she went looking 1/2 crazy (or rather, her mother did).

Once we got back, it took another hour & a half. By the time all was said & done, it took a total of 3 hours, two run throughs of Toy Story & all of Mahalia's patience. She was BEGGING me to stop at the two hour mark - but by then we were so invested. So another round of torture later . . . and here's the final product. Not bad, but soooo not worth it!



4 comments:

  1. It looks really cute but I can't imagine how trying this was for both of you! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Looks great! I'm really impressed! And thankful that short hair on boys is still just fine. I don't think I have braiding in me; )

    ReplyDelete
  3. Em, it looks good but boy do I hear you on 3 hours!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful! M's hair really looks cute!! Sorry it took so long... The great thing is that you shouldn't have to do it again for a few days. Mihret wants me to braid her hair these days because she's figured out that I'll leave her alone for 4 or 5 days after that. :)

    ReplyDelete