Wednesday, March 28, 2012

my kids

I have four children.  One is biological.  Three are not.  But all three are mine.  I have loved all four since birth (except the first - didn't meet him until he was four).  It's amazing how a heart can love that which it did not personally grow inside first.

Those of you who have adopted or have godchildren - or who simply love others' children deeply can relate to what I'm saying.  There is something special about children & how our hearts get attached.  Devohn was my first.  Technically he is Marie's.  But he asked me to be his godmother when he was four.  Then came Antonio, my second son.  Then Ma'Jari.  Last came my first daughter.

Eating Chicago Deep Dish Pizza

Everyone got new shoes for Spring Break

Fun at the zoo!
So being our new home & having them together again has been a joy.  My heart is full & I'm deeply grateful for our abiding love over these last 15 years.

2 comments: