Thursday, April 5, 2012

wide open

I've been spending all of these last few months helping our little family of three transition.  We've had to find the grocery stores, unpack, file taxes, get new IL driver's licenses & all of the other mundane stuff of life that has to be done in a new state.  I've been doing all of the official "other duties as assigned" stuff for our family.  

Now that our boxes are unpacked, our godsons & my folks have broken in our guest bedroom, the first two conferences are done and Dan's office at work is finally 100% complete . . . it's time for me to figure out what's next for me.

What's been SO cool is watching God's vision for Dan come alive.  Literally, since the day I met him, God has given me very vivid visions of what Dan's calling was.  It's a dream come true to watch it unfold before my eyes.  But I haven't had that same clarity of vision for my own life.
I find myself in a very interesting spot.  I've had three careers in my almost 40 years.  I've lived in three states.  And I have a kazillion (that's Mahalia's favorite number these days) interests that I'm open to pursuing. 

So beginning Easter Sunday (Easter being my favorite holiday), I'm beginning a season of discernment.  I'm thinking it'll be at least 40 days - maybe longer.  But I'm hoping to walk away with clear vision & direction for myself.

2 comments: