Thursday, March 22, 2012

every square inch

This week, I had told Mahalia that we were going to be cleaning her room, as it had become an opportunity for broken bones - literally every square inch of the small room had something on it.  It looked like a bomb exploded.  I put it off for a few days, but was planning to get to it yesterday afternoon.

As is our usual custom, she either takes a nap or a quiet rest in the afternoons.  Yesterday, we helped some friends with a project, so didn't get home in time for a nap - so quiet rest time, it was.  Throughout the course of the 60 minutes she was in there, I heard regular banging (nothing big enough to warrant in interruption in my time alone though :-).

So you can imagine my SHOCK when I walked in to see this . . .

I literally couldn't believe my eyes!

When I asked her why she did it, she said, "Because it takes too long when you do it with me, Mom."

Well, bring on the solo cleaning!!!

1 comment: