Thursday, November 4, 2010

unexpected gifts

I simply LOVE giving & receiving gifts.  It's one of my favorite things in the whole world.

And this week . . . I got two (they even come with fun stories :-)

So lately, whenever I take a shower, it's been a trickle of water coming out of the shower head (and a "trickle" is being generous).  Literally, I'd been frozen solid while showering, because there's enough to get you wet (after a while), but never enough to hit your whole body & keep you warm.  Add that to a touchy water heater & you've got yourself hypothermia via shower (yeah, yeah . . . all you Minnesotans keep your "you've turned into such a sissy" comments to yourself :-)  
So on Tuesday, our maintenance guys come & voila!  A FANTASTIC shower head . . . just like a fancy hotel!!!

Then, my poor husband has slept in a bed that's been too short for him for 9 years (as of yesterday).  We've shared a double bed our whole married life & have always wanted a bigger bed, so his feet don't dangle off the end (in addition to the occasional morning where the kiddo wants to snuggle too & we're all holding on for dear life).

So this morning, my friend gave us her old queen bed (fit for a queen AND her king) along with all of the beautiful bedding.

Hooray!!!  I love unexpected gifts.

3 comments: