Thursday, November 18, 2010

grandma, grandpa & uncle jess

Mahalia LOVES Minnesota . . . for SO many reasons . . . mostly revolving around three things: the grandparents, snow, or Chester (the toy poodle).

On our first day there - we went & surprised my Mom in her 3rd grade class.  Mahalia got to be the star.  The students asked her all kinds of questions.  At first she was kinda shy, but then she really got into it.

Then four days into our stay, it snowed 10+ inches!  Mahalia was in H.E.A.V.E.N.  (Did I mention she LOVES snow?)  Anyhoo - my uncle was out cutting up some tree branches that had fallen (because the snow was so wet & heavy).  Mahalia was helping him pick up the branches, but the next time I looked out the window . . . this is what I discovered.  Pretty great uncle, huh!?


Every time I go to MN, I just wanna drive around & see how everything has changed, but I never take the time to do it.  This time was different.  My Dad, Mahalia & I piled into the car & drove around Minneapolis for almost 2 hours, checking out all of my favorite old "nooks & crannies" around town.  It was fun to see how much things have changed!  This is on my favorite bridge - where I did some of my best pondering when I lived there.  I miss you Minneapolis!

2 comments:

  1. And we miss you, too. Anjali cried when after she called and heard you were getting on the plane. I'm so glad you had such good memories to bring home.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You got snow! And LOTS of it. How fun!! I'm so glad Mahalia got to make a snowman. What great memories!

    ReplyDelete