Thursday, August 6, 2009

in her eyes . . .

Last week I was at the beach with my daughter. Amidst building sand castles, jumping waves, eating snacks (& fighting off the seagulls), and re-applying sunscreen, we had a moment laying side-by-side on our towels. We were eyeball to eyeball - and it was a moment I won't forget . . . the moment I saw my reflection in her eyes.

I literally saw myself in her eyes & it moved me. It sparked a whole trail of thought . . .
I wondered what traits she'll have that come from me. What quirks will she get from me? What personality flaws will she get from me? What passions will she inherit from me? How will I influence her? What mistakes have I made that will impact her life? So many things poured through my head about her . . . and I felt crazy love. I wished I had a camera to capture the moment, but then realized a photo couldn't come close to what I felt in that moment.

Then I began to wonder how many little girls around the world never see their reflection in someone else's eyes . . .

2 comments:

  1. What a cool moment. I'm so excited for all the amazing things she will inherit from you!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes indeed, that was good stuff! I've not experienced that yet!!

    ReplyDelete