Tuesday, August 18, 2009

forest fire


Ever have one of those moments when everything you got doesn't even come close to what you need? Been in a situation when people's best advice can't even touch the magnitude of what you're going through?

Me too. So when I heard my sister say, "I feel like I'm fighting a forest fire with a squirt gun," I burst out laughing. It was the perfect image. How ridiculous can you get? Can you imagine a 200 lb fire fighter in a blazing fire in the dry hills of SoCal with a squirt gun . . . heck, even a garden hose. Ain't no chance - no chance at all.

So the next time you're up against a forest fire, if you all you got is a squirt gun - at least you can have a good laugh!

1 comment:

  1. and really, God will have the last laugh, anyway! He's got a Super Soaker.

    ReplyDelete