Thursday, August 6, 2009

perfect timing

Once or twice each year, I'm lucky enough to meet up with two of my favorite girlfriends (we're kinda like our own version of Sex in the City) for dinner. We all drive over an hour to meet together in person. And it's always colorful conversation.

We settled into our table at PFChang's, and it didn't take long (shortly after the chicken lettuce wraps & before the mongolian beef) for us to cut through the "fluff" and cut to the "real" stuff. Each of us went around the table & checked-in. It's been a tough year for all of us - from cancer scares to break-ups to shitty financial situations. Midway into the cashew chicken, we had all teared up at least once. It got pretty intense as we shared our struggles with one another.

But the best part was that our waiter managed to refill our water glasses EVERY time one of us started to cry. Literally, I started to bawl & he came for a refill. My friend was sharing the details of a breast biopsy & he came for a refill. By the 3rd time, I was laughing hysterically & I'm sure he was wondering what was in the water. It couldn't have been better comic relief if he'd tried. I only wish I could remember his name so I could give him a shout out. Thanks for the water & the relief.

1 comment:

  1. I love that you use the word "shitty!" that's awesome!! Good one here....I like it!

    ReplyDelete