Sunday, February 6, 2011

full heart

Another year has come & gone . . . some real highs & painful lows.  

In the midst of it, my heart is full.  So many people poured out kindness on me: dinner with friends, gifts, cards, money, sentiments, time spent, meals made & dances shared.  Beautiful.  

These were the most AMAZING cupcakes I have EVER had . . . homemade lemon with fresh raspberry icing!  Then there was mango cake . . . shared with my fellow February salseros . . . delicious for the senses on & off the floor!

This card (from Dan) made me go into hysterical laughter . . .  I guess it's getting to be "that" season of life!  The one thing I had wanted was to spend the day alone with him.  It didn't end up working out that way, but I love that he gets me & can roll with the punches.

Then my salsa community hosted the most AMAZING party.  Earlier in the day, I had been pretty upset.  I almost cancelled.  I'm SOOOO glad I ended up going.  The best time I've had in a while - felt God smiling on me.

Thank God for friends, for family & for community.  I'm so very thankful.




1 comment:

  1. Ok! That card is the funniest one I've seen in a long while!!! Lemon and raspberry and mango- yum, yum. Oh, Em, you are so worth celebrating and I'm so glad you did!

    ReplyDelete