Saturday, May 22, 2010

whole book

Dan & I took a much needed 48 hour getaway. We went on priceline & booked a really cheap (but surprisingly nice) hotel for 2 nights and snuck away to Manhattan Beach. We've found the BEST babysitter, so felt really comfortable & relaxed leaving MJ with her.

We ate food we didn't have to cook or clean up after, saw Robin Hood in the theatre, rented The Blind Side in our room, slept in late, walked to the end of the pier at Redondo Beach (after a 12 noon breakfast :-), took naps . . . and I read an entire book in two 3 hour blocks of time!

At one point I asked Dan if I was becoming too boring. I think he was actually relieved that I wanted to chill as much as I did, cuz usually I like to get out a lot on vacation. But this time, I was loving the chill . . . and my hubby & book!

3 comments:

  1. Em,
    I'm tickled for you that you got to relax. Tell me a little more about the book.

    ReplyDelete
  2. It sounds glorious! I think our 20-something selves would be appalled but... I wonder if we'll look back and think this is when we started to learn how to really take a vacation! Love you!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am so jealous! Kendall and I need to do this - soon!

    ReplyDelete