Monday, May 17, 2010

jasmine




I have a knack for killing plants . . . but it doesn't stop me from trying (desperately) to have some semblance of a pretty yard. One of my long term goals is to get grass. I joke about it, but I'm kinda serious too. I'll know we've "arrived" when we have a beautiful yard full of weed free grass (not just smatterings between patches of dirt & concrete).


So today, Mahalia & I went to OSH (because you can return any dead plants, which in my case is too often a reality).
I asked the gentlemen what kind of vine/shrub would grow good in the shade. And Jasmine it is! So we got right to work - pulled out our gloves, shovels & watering cans.

Mahalia proved to be a very enthusiastic gardener . . . minus the dirt in the shoe. Oh, and PS - every girl's gotta wear her most fabulous dress for gardening, right?!






1 comment:

  1. Love the pics! I almost didn't recognize her without her polar bears :)

    ReplyDelete