Sunday, November 8, 2009

my pastor - a real treasure

I haven't been to "church" in almost two years. During that time, my thoughts about what the church is have changed dramatically. My beliefs have been challenged & my spirit has been blessed in ways that I never imagined possible - given my lack of traditional church involvement.

Today it occured to me (even though I haven't darkened the door of a church building) that I have a pastor. She's a 38 year old housewife, whose current resume includes suffering, rape & pain. The things she has taught me over the last two years have radically transformed my life.

Her kindness, wisdom, grace, truth-telling, her ability to stand with me in my pain, her spoken blessings & generosity have offered me incredible spiritual healing over the last 2 years. You know who you are. And my gratitude for your love can't be expressed in words. Thank you for letting Jesus help you to be my pastor.

No comments:

Post a Comment