Saturday, October 31, 2009

a different place

Tuesday will mark our 8th anniversary. It's mental gymnastics to remember the last 2,920 days of life lived together.

I remember back to our wedding day - one of the most beautiful days of our life. We were surrounded & celebrated by so many loved ones. The next day we moved to NorCal & went through hell - disowned by the very ones who had mentored Dan for over a decade. It was an incredible contrast.

Since then, there has been a move to Pasadena, 3 moves within Pasadena, many job transitions, 1 Masters degree earned, 1 dissertation written, 1 PhD finished, 1 baby girl born, countless hours of counseling, hundreds of movies watched & footrubs enjoyed, birthdays celebrated, many visitors from various places, 1 book published & 2 more on the way, thousands of hours of salsa danced, many cups of coffee enjoyed with friends, and a gazillion hours of talking between the two of us.

As we were driving to our weekend getaway last night, I was being the DJ while Dan was driving - and we were reminiscing about life. It's hard for me to imagine my life without Dan. To this day, he is still the coolest person I know, and I've never met another who even came close to what I feel for him. I wish this kind of love for every woman - to know the love of a man who is 100% for her. I think the world would be a different place.

2 comments: