Thursday, October 22, 2009

what i've learned from bronchitis & sinusitis

So yesterday (after cancelling my much-anticipated trip to MN to see family & friends, and going to the doctor) I was diagnosed with bronchitis & sinusitis. No wonder I've felt so horrible!

But here's what I've learned . . . that you cannot survive without community. I also learned that I have a very special group of friends. Carrie took Mahalia on Monday afternoon (cuz I felt like I got hit by a bus). Tuesday, Mandy & Aki, stayed with Mahalia for a bit so I could get out. Yesterday (when I felt like I got hit by a bus AND the metro), Sherri came & took Mahalia overnight & will drop her off at school today.

Then there have been countless people who have been calling, texting & emailing, offering to help in various ways. Even though I have felt horrible, I've felt the love of my people. While I often wish that I lived closer to my family, my friends have become my family - and for that, I am deeply grateful. I truly couldn't have done it this week without you.

No comments:

Post a Comment