Tuesday, October 20, 2009

i can breathe

Today marks the beginning of week #5 of being sick. I was pretty optimistic & upbeat weeks #1 & 2. However, yesterday was a real low.

I haven't been able to breathe through my nose for days (despite taking a gazillion different types of decongestant, nettie pot, cough drops, tea tree chest rub, hot showers etc.). Not being able to breathe makes sleeping nearly impossible. So even though I'm exhausted, I can't sleep for more than 1/2 hour at a time.

Thankfully, a friend rescued me yesterday. She took Mahalia for the WHOLE afternoon while Dan was at work. I laid on the couch for 5 hours straight - trying (unsuccessfully) to sleep. However, I was SOOOO very grateful not to have to parent at the same time!

Dan leaves in less than an hour for a conference - and we won't see him for a week. Meanwhile, we'll board a plane for Minnesota tomorrow to visit family & friends. Should be interesting!

Ironically (or maybe not), the only thing that seems to help is dancing. When I dance, I can breathe. Huh - kinda sounds like a metaphor for my life.

1 comment:

  1. Wishing you many nights of deep breath and dancing! :)

    ReplyDelete