Sunday, June 26, 2011

pummeled by love

It's 2:36am, and I feel pummeled by love . . . literally beat up by it.  I cried so hard, from the overwhelming feeling of love that I cried my lashes off just now.

I've been up since 5:11am when I awoke to my bestie who was outside our house - waiting to help us get the yard sale stuff ready.  Then after running around all morning, went to buy us breakfast.

Shortly thereafter 5 friends showed up & washed every window in the house (inside & out!), along with the bathrooms, and helped organize a mountain of stuff.

Not to be outdone, my other friend showed up with her hubby & deep cleaned our kitchen!  Now THAT's love.

Me & Bobby
At approximately 7pm, I showed up to teach my final salsa class in LA, with my friend Bobby who gave me my first "real" salsa teaching opportunity last year.

Not to be outdone, my salsero friends threw me the most incredible, awesome, overwhelming party I can remember.  They got me this awesome cake & danced with me, and lavished the most incredible gifts on me. 

Me & Ruben - as painted by Ali
I got sparkly shoes, bracelets, paintings, vintage Mahalia Jackson vinyl framed, flowers, fans, wine, photo albums with pictures of SO many beloved friends.  I drove away sobbing . . . but not from sadness.  I felt beaten up by love . . . like it sat on my face & punched me all day long, so I won't ever forget just how good God is, and how kind his people are.   

Thank you Los Angeles . . . you have pummeled me with love & I will never forget you! 


1 comment:

  1. OH EM! I'm getting teary just reading this. What incredible love. What a way to go- like a shooting star!

    ReplyDelete