Saturday, June 11, 2011

sparkles

Given the sheer volume of extreme situations that have come our way these last few months (near drowning, 8 day hospital stay, loss of all summer work & moving across the country), there has been an extraordinary amount of stress . . . which has lead to many sleepless nights, agonizing decisions, teary-eyed conversations etc.

Yesterday I jokingly told someone that I only had two goals: to stay out of jail & to stay sane.  To call life "stressful" is a GROSS understatement.  It has been excruciating.  And to make matters worse, in an attempt to be helpful, people (even friends) have said many incredibly hurtful & unhelpful things.

I would go so far as to say that I've been in danger of losing my "sparkle."  So yesterday, I went down to the fashion district (my favorite place in Los Angeles), and found these two gems as reminders of who I am.  I've decided that I will wear them every day between now & whenever I get my full sparkle back as a reminder of who I am.

Let the sparkle SPARKLE!

1 comment:

  1. That's the Emily I know and love! I'm proud of you. Sparkle on!

    ReplyDelete