Friday, April 1, 2011

renewed thankfulness

After having 3 interviews over the last 3 weeks, I've had a renewed sense of gratitude for the time that I've been able to spend at home with Mahalia.  I won't be going back to work until June-ish, so am soaking up EVERY moment with my kiddo.

Yesterday it was 90 degrees!  Yes - on March 31st, it was ninety degrees people!  So we went & got her a new, shorter haircut (fewer tangles & not as hot for the summer).  We also decided it was hot enough to run through our favorite fountain, but realized her swimsuit from last year was too small.  So we ran to the store & got a new swimsuit.

Here's to my last weeks at home with my kiddo!

2 comments:

  1. I can't get over how tall she looks in this picture. Thanks for sending it! ;)

    Heads up... The rainy drizzle here today is supposed to turn to snowflakes next week.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm proud of you for seizing the day. I hope Mahalia knows how deeply devoted to her you are and how much you've prioritized being with her, really with her, in this season.

    ReplyDelete