Monday, April 25, 2011

destination

As we've wrestled through career stuff, we're considering a move.  Don't know where.  Don't know when.  Don't even know if we will.  But it's officially on the table & doesn't seem to be going off the table.

I have fought the idea of moving for MANY years.  LOVE Los Angeles & really don't want to move . . . at all.  However, we've stalled out here, it seems & it appears as though a move may be our final option before homelessness (which, although the weather is good here for that sort of thing, doesn't seem very fun).

I've been talking to God about this a LOT.  Apparently he hasn't gotten the memo that I love my friends here, the weather here, the schools here, our church here, the fashion district here, and the dancing HERE!!!

But the other day, as I was talking at God (notice I wasn't talking to him) he mentioned that he himself is the destination . . . not a job, not a location, not a group of people . . . not even passions nor family.

So it appears as though I'm on a new adventure: Destination Jesus.  Though I often (ok, let's be honest here - I wish daily!) wish I knew what was next on this journey, it seems as though I don't have to wait for a new season or a move to get to my new destination.

1 comment:

  1. Em, this is really beautiful. And really tough. May you arrive at Jesus soon.

    ReplyDelete