Friday, April 16, 2010

not going to do

So this morning I put Dan & Mahalia on an airplane to Texas for a family reunion on Dan's side of the family. It took me a LONG time to wake Mahalia up . . . in fact, she crawled back into bed. But when I whispered, "It's time to get on the airplane," she literally SHOT up, eyes WIDE open & shouted, "right now, Mommy? I'm going to Texas right now?" She could not be even slightly more excited.

So as I rode back home, I made a few phone calls - one to my Dad. When he asked me what I was going to do, I said, "Actually, it's all about what I'm NOT going to do."

I'm not going to
  • do laundry
  • wash dishes
  • cook
  • wake up early
  • dress anyone but myself
  • answer questions
  • do play dates
  • go to the park
  • or do ANYTHING else I don't want to do

Hooray for a stay at home stay-cation!!! (Can ya tell I need a break? :-)

3 comments:

  1. I'm so jealous! Have a WONDERFUL weekend to yourself!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Welcome back to the single-hood for the weekend. It's not a bad place to visit :) Enjoy!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Amen and amen. Have a blast! Give me a call when you have a chance.
    :)A

    ReplyDelete