Thursday, April 22, 2010

marinate

I'm not one to pray before every meal (though my kiddo simply LOVES this tradition, so I may start doing it after all) . . . seems like a bit of overkill, minus the sincerity that I hope goes into prayer.

However, the other day, one of my most interesting (& creatively articulate) friends, John Tiersma-Watson, prayed something that really got me thinking. He prayed, "Lord, may you marinate in our souls as we share this food together." I couldn't stop thinking about that . . . because the thought of eating anything that Dan marinates is simply glorious!

What if, instead of simply praying standard prayers, we let God marinate in our souls? Or better yet, what if God marinated tasty things in our souls when we spend time in the company of others? Something to marinate on . . . . . thanks John - I've been marinating!

No comments:

Post a Comment