Wednesday, October 5, 2011

open heart surgery

This last Sunday night, I got together with two friends from church youth group from WAY back in the day.  And yes - that's approximately 25 years ago people!

They'd reached out when they found out I was back in town.  What a delight to reconnect with them.  Their grace, love & belief in me was overwhelming.  And healing. 

But what's even more impressive is that their deep love has come out of their own deep suffering.  As the tears poured down my face as I shared our story of the last year, they could relate with the struggle & the depth of grief.  It was spectacular to find folks who could stand with me in all of my humanity - and help bear the load . . . simply by listening & sharing their own stories.

The next morning I woke up & thought to myself, "I just had open heart surgery!"

No comments:

Post a Comment