Sunday, April 15, 2012

between scooters & cookie dough


Yesterday with my kiddo was hilarious. 

I simply adore her.  There are so many facets to her, but one of my favorite (as with all kids), is her ability to go from very mundane things (like making cookies & riding scooters with the neighbors) to asking incredible questions. 

Here are a few recent gems: 
  • We delivered some lunch to Dan & his students. When I asked if she'd like to stay & have a pizza with Daddy's students, she responded "I'd be delighted to meet Daddy's new students!"  (What is she, like 55? :-)
  • "Um Mom, why are there only boys & girls in this lifetime?"
  • When dancing wildly to one of her favorite CD's, she announced that I should watch her do the "commotions" (thought I'd die laughing)
  • Since this week's Dancing with the Stars Episode (that had the group KISS on it - yeah, THANKS DWTS - read in sarcasm), she's been obsessed with painting her face white and "doodling" KISS on the computer (yeah, she means "googling" them)
  • And her best (impossible to answer question so far), "If God is so big, how does he fit in our hearts?"

2 comments:

  1. I am so glad you beautiful girl is asking questions, and surprisingly good questions. She is paying attention to everything around her. It is beautiful how our mind develops, nothing seems to be taboo or off the topic for her. I which we all could keep as honest as children do. We would deal with life in a very different way. I miss the time when I was her age, I was happier and I didn't know. Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete