Saturday, February 25, 2012

a clicker & three states

Woke up at 4:45am yesterday & popped out of bed.  I was so excited to be driving to my new home, I couldn't wait until my usual 6am wake up time!  Same thing happened this morning.  I guess I'm a little excited.
 With my parents' help, I packed the car quick & was on the road before eight.  As I backed out of my folks' driveway for the last time (as a resident) I noticed the dent of the returned "clicker" (aka: garage door opener) on the sun visor.  It was bitter-sweet.  For the last 7 months I have had the incredible privilege of living in their home & being surrounded by their love & generosity.  It was an incredible refuge during the most difficult of times.  What a gift to know them this way.  I will be forever grateful for those few months together, and will miss the daily-ness of living life together.


Mahalia with Grandpa & Chester

Mahalia & I spent the next eight hours on the road.  The trip went by really fast.  Eight hours (and three states) wasn't nearly enough time to process all that has transpired this last year.  And it certainly couldn't fit all that I dream for the future. 

I got to be near for the birth of my new nephew!

No comments:

Post a Comment