Friday, September 2, 2011

vista

At work last week, I was on the 40th floor of a building downtown Minneapolis.  When I got out of the elevator & past the reception area, I was stunned to find this view.  I got all emotional.

Given where life has taken me (what has been a downward spiral the last year), I felt like God was trying to show me a different view of life . . . like He was offering me a birds-eye view of what He sees.

I've been so far in the trenches, that I hadn't felt like I would ever be able to dream or see clearly again.  And just.  like.  that . . . . He gives me a new vista.

So I've been wondering, "what's this all about?"  Not sure I've got all the answers I want, but I know I'm still standing.  I know I'm taking small steps forward.  I know I'm not caving into other people's crazy-making.  I know I'm trusting God.  I know I love my husband now more than ever.  I know my daughter is ridiculously happy.  I know God is near.  I know people I wouldn't have expected have showed kindness is simple ways.  I know I've got a place to live.  I know I've got a job . . . at least for today.

I'm proud of myself - really proud.  I've been faced with unbelievable pain, been pushed under wave after wave of life's crushing blows, and yet still I have risen & gotten above water.  I am far more stable than I once was.  I am a great friend.  I have continued to tell the truth kindly - even in the face of harsh judgment.  I know I can survive anything.

So this deep knowing has brought back laughter.  Get a load of this . . .

No comments:

Post a Comment