Wednesday, February 24, 2010

minnesota through mahalia's eyes

Having grown up in the snow, I sometimes forget it's magical qualities. So when I took Mahalia back to Minnesota to see my family, I was surprised by just how excited she was to play in the snow. On our first full day, we gathered all of the cousins (minus one sickie), put on our snow gear, threw the variety of sleds in the trunk, drove over to the park I played at as a kid & went sledding.

It was a riot to see her reaction: definitely a mixed bag. Sometimes there were tears because the snow was cold & wet. Other times, squeals of delight as we raced down the hills, piled four deep on a sled.


Then there was the all-girls cousins sleepover. This was the highlight of Mahalia's trip to MN. She got to eat fun food, play with the girls & and then (most importantly) wake up to the girls STILL being there! Good times in MN if you're Mahalia.

No comments:

Post a Comment