Wednesday, August 3, 2011

resilience

As of late, I've got a new appreciation for the word "resilience".  I've always had a sense for what the word meant, but lately, I FEEL what it means.
It means . . .
  • leaving my beloved friends in California & mourning their presence . . .
  • while driving across the country & starting life over from scratch . . .
  • while my husband is out of town for the week . . .
  • while my car overheats & the A/C breaks when it's 100+ degrees . . .
  • while starting a new job & supporting a brand new CEO . . . 
  • while learning everything at the same time . . .
  • while leaving my daughter for 10 hours/day . . .
  • while helping her process what's going on . . .
  • while moving yet again after only 4 weeks of being here . . .
  • while packing up everything we own at 4am so I can pick up my car by 7:30 . . .
  • while I rush to be to work by 8 . . .
  • while thinking about having to move again in a few more months . . .
  • while mourning what I thought would be a turn for the better . . .
  • while waiting for important paperwork that could change our lives . . .
  • while processing all of the loss & all of the pain . . .
  • while trying to manage all of the details in my 35 minute commute . . .
  • while trying not to cry during the 3 short hours I see my kiddo each day . . .
  • while trying to arrange childcare for a 3rd time in 2 months . . .
  • ALL while not having danced in forever . . .
I give myself an A+ for resilience.  A nap would be good at this point.

1 comment:

  1. You are amazing, my friend! I'm missing you terribly and praying for easier days ahead. May God continue to give you strength for the journey and may you find joy in unexpected places. I love you!

    ReplyDelete