Wednesday, March 3, 2010

moved in

Since I've stopped working, I've decided to really "move into" our house.

I took it upon myself to clean up the back "yard" (we'll call it that, though it's just a fenced in dirt patch :-). Mahalia plays out there every day & calls it "my back yard" . . . which is exactly what I wanted. I hoped that it would be a fun & safe space for her to play outside. It's hilarious watching her drag all of her blankets & stuffed animals out back for a good snuggle.

Then I wanted to create a memorial of sorts . . . a space to commemorate all of the hard internal work I've done over the past two years. So I re-arranged a few things in our bedroom to create a quiet place for me to read. Hung above the chair are a few sacred things:

A plaque from my parents that says, "Dance like no one is watching . . .
A picture of me at my 36th birthday party . . . dancing.
A small cross from my sister that has a picture of Jesus holding one lamb: me.

Each piece is a symbol of love: God's love for me & of the love of those around me. I am deeply grateful have moved into my own heart & my own home.

2 comments:

  1. Beautiful! Wish I could snuggle with MJ in her polar bears with puppy and "tachie" <-- is that how you would spell it? :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. for the record it probably means you have a LOT of blog stalkers... :)

    I check it when it updates... either by phone... which is almost impossible to comment from ... or computer... usually while holding max... hence... no comments from me... :)

    love the memorial idea...

    ReplyDelete